Wednesday

Success Through Failure

Failure is something nobody likes to go through or experience, in fact some people dislike it so much that they avoid it altogether and cancel anything which may put them at risk of failing.

But there is something to be said about failure not only in terms of business but in all areas of life, it teaches you what doesn't work to reach your goal. Some of the most successful people are open and actually willing to fail because ironically through all their failures they are one step closer to success. Thomas Edison is a great example of someone open and accepting of failure because it taught him valuable lessons about his most noteworthy invention,

"I remember thinking about my early attempts to come up with the right material for a light bulb. I had tried a thousand different elements and all had failed. A colleague of mine asked me if he felt my time had been wasted, since I had discovered nothing. 'Hardly,' I retorted briskly. 'I have discovered a thousand things that don't work.'"

When you discover what doesn't work you can go back and think about why it doesn't work. Rethink how you would have done it differently. Once you've accepted failure as an important teaching tool instead of a cruel punishment than do something else and see if it doesn't work too. Remember, there are no failures just lessons.

The thing about success is it is a process of failures. With a positive mindset about failure you can make the journey more worthwhile.

No comments: